Ajax GlassProtect Electret Microphone
Small wireless detector that notifies of glass being broken by intruders.
Installed at a distance of 9 m from the window and filters events that cause false alarms about breakage.
Principle of operation
Detects broken glass using an electret microphone, which registers the sound of impact against the glass and of the glass falling.
Two-factor detection of broken glass prevents false alarms caused by thunder, dogs barking and noise from passing trucks.
Installation and set up
Ready to operate straight out the box: the battery is already installed, therefore there is no need to disassemble the detector. With one click, it can be connected to the hub in the mobile application. It can be mounted on the SmartBracket in just a few minutes.
- Detector type: wireless
- Use: Indoor
- Transmission distance: ≤ 1000 m in open space
- Detection element: Electret microphone
- Glass break detection range: up to 9 m (29.5 ft)
- Glass break sensitivity: 3 adjustable levels (low, medium, high)
- Detection angle: 180 °
- Tamper protection: available
- Radio signal power: 20 mW
- Communication protocol: Jeweler (868.0-868.6 MHz)
- Maximum distance between detector and central unit: Up to 1000 m (in open space)
- Power supply: CR123A battery
- Supply voltage: 3 V
- Battery life: up to 7 years
- Operating temperature range: from 0 ° С (+ 32 ° F) to + 50 ° С (+ 122 ° F)
- Operating humidity: up to 90%
- Dimensions: 90 х 20 mm