Mobeye CM2400 GSM Smoke Detector
The Mobeye CM2400 GSM smoke detector combines a high quality EI Electronics smoke detector with a very low power Mobeye GSM alarm module.
Mobeye GSM Smoke Detector CM2400 with siren and GSM alarm
The Mobeye GSM Smoke Detector combines a high quality EI Electronics smoke detector with a very low power Mobeye GSM alarm module. In this way the GSM Smoke Detector can detect smoke anywhere, without additional cables or telephone lines. The smoke detector is tested to the highest requirements. The GSM Smoke Detector is entirely self-supporting with a built-in GSM module. Thanks to the Mobeye low power GSM technology the smoke detector will on one set of batteries for a year. The CM2400 warns for smoke with a local siren and with a GSM report to the self-chosen telephone numbers.
The smoke alarm message will be sent by the integrated GSM module as an SMS text alert and/or call, to a maximum of 5 telephone numbers. If the unit is connected to the Mobeye Internet Portal the message can be forwarded to many more numbers including e-mail. The CM2400 is also able to send test messages ("keep alive"). As soon as the batteries need replacement, a notification is sent.
- Battery life >1 year (2x CR123) at 1 (test)report per day
- Environment temperature: 0 ... +40 C
- Quad band EGSM 900/1800 - 950/1900 MHz
- Programming: via SMS or internet portal
Examples of applications: buildings, storage locations, sheds, server rooms, holiday houses, campers, boats, etc.
Mobeye Internet Portal & SIM service
Mobeye Internet PortalThe Mobeye CM2400 can be used with a regular SIM card. Optional connection to the Mobeye Internet Portal, using a Mobeye SIM card, offers many more features, such as programming via internet. The portal distinguishes between alarm messages and technical reports. The contacts receive messages per call, SMS and / or email. The "keep-alive' monitor provides additional security by monitoring test reports. If the test message are not sent in time, the (technical) contacts receive a warning message from the portal. The Mobeye SIM card is a flat fee SIM card, not dependent on one provider, which increases the reliability.
The solution for GSM reporting of the Ei detectors is super useful, is often recommended by Ei Electronics. There is a lot to mention about it:
- The CM2400 is a combination of Ei605TYC and the CM2410; therefore works as a stand-alone GSM smoke detector. SIM card is included, the customer can activate it online (€ 4.84 incl. VAT per month, also gives access to the Mobeye Internet Portal; this choice is optional, but definitely recommended. Alternatively, other SIM cards can also be placed).
- The CM2400RF is required as a basic unit to interconnect the Ei detectors and thus create a network with one GSM detector in it. This is the Ei605TYC + Ei650M + CM2410. Any Ei detector (with RF) can be connected to this, because all Ei RF detectors can be interconnected.
- It is not so useful to offer the CM2410 separately, because in the Netherlands the suitable Ei detector with RF module (Ei605TYC + Ei650M) is not offered separately (strange but true, abroad). For this reason, the CM2400RF is popular in the Netherlands as a starter set. We see that certainly installers then purchase the extensions from the Technische Unie or elsewhere. We can also offer the extensions.
- The smoke detectors can report via call, SMS and e-mail. In addition, reporting to a PAC (control room) is also possible. For that also a sheetje in the attachment.